I just saw the video below on my Facebook feed and it re-affirms that belief:
And then I shared it with the caption:
"See this bird using bread as a bait to catch a fish. If the earth survives subsequent stages of evolution & man haven't hunted this bird till it's extinct, they would create tools & be far more advanced!"
While typing it, I began to have a stream of thoughts and imaginations.
- What would the earth be like, if in billions of years, this creature evolves to a highly intelligent being?
- Where would the human race be by then and how would they be reasoning? How intelligent would we be by then?
- What are the chances that we would even still be on this planet? Maybe we would have discovered how to survive at other parts of the galaxy and we would have migrated there, then leave the earth as a desolate land for other evolving species.
- What are the chances that there aren't other highly evolved species, who after evolving past a certain level of intelligence and migrated out of this planet to other places in the galaxy, leaving earth as a desolate land for evolving mammals which later became us?
- If this is the way it goes, then chances are that these highly intelligent beings won't even be mammals, or maybe they won't look anything like us, but they would be monitoring us over some "purple matter" (like Frank Ocean would put it).
The seed has been planted and the thought process is still executing.