Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scala Boot-Camp


My last post was about Java programming language becoming less relevant. This does not mean the JVM won’t be useful anymore. As far as I’m concerned, currently, the JVM is the development platform that’s best for real programmers because, among other things, it balances the old with the new. This is why am creating more apps on it. Lately I’ve been doing this on Scala programming language.

I’ve been writing Scala for some time now and I think it’s a very cool language, I also discovered that there are very few people (if any at all) at the local developer community who codes in Scala. This inspired Samuel and I to put together a boot-camp for programmers to get a head start in Scala programming language.
The detail of the boot-camp is as follows:

Date:  3rd and 5th of November 2011; 10:00 am to 3:00 PM
Venue: F5 (2nd Floor), Block 504 MQ, Besides Ikeja Shopping Plaza, Kodesoh Street Ikeja, Lagos.

The three-day event aims to cover the Functional programming and the basics of Scala Programming Language at the first day; a little of advanced Scala on the second day and Scala-based Web development using Lift Web Framework on the third day.
To take part, you would be required to pay a fee of 5, 000 NGN (approx $30) upon arrival.

To RSVP or for any questions, contact me on +2348093773683 or Samuel on +2348029056826. Or email me at celestocalculus@gmail.com. If twitter is your thing, just mention me, I'm @celestocalculus. You could also join the Fcaebook group for more information http://www.facebook.com/groups/122560751178514/

UPDATE:
1) Date has changed, please check up the new date ;)

No comments: